“Amusing Ourselves to Death is a prophetic look at what happens when politics, journalism, education, and even religion become subject to the demands of entertainment”
- When politics become tribal
- When truth becomes an alternative fact.
- When bigotry becomes a national security
- When serious and complex geopolitics are reduced to tweets
- When what matters is “Me” and “Me Alone”
How do we get here? What went wrong?
The answer can be found in a book called Amusing Ourselves to Death: Public Discourse in the Age of Show Business by Neil Postman. Here is the author’s son on how the author predicted our current situation.